“the professional page”
A bit about myself:
- I’m currently a consultant at a leading strategy and innovation consulting firm in Boston
- I’m transitioning to data science and engineering. I love wading through data and I want to combine my analytical skills, programming chops, and business acumen
- I graduated cum laude from Yale University in 2016 where I double majored in political science and mechanical engineering
- After graduation, I lived in Kyrgyzstan for one year, which honestly has been one of the most enjoyable and meaningful things I’ve done in my (so far, short) life
- While in Kyrgyzstan, I was a part of the start-up team for the University of Central Asia, the first fully residential, liberal arts university in the region. It was an amazing institution and experience.
- data visualization and analytics
- statistics, machine learning, natural language processing
- technologies, entrepreneurship, and education for developing contexts
For fun, I like to:
- solve the New York Times Crossword
- watch and critique film
- travel, write, make videos
- read a lot
Building this blog:
This blog has been a work in progress (the first commit was 5 years ago!) and was created with Jekyll, a Ruby static site generator. I highly recommend it!
Finally, a disclaimer:
I’ve heard people say that social media serves as a reflection for our current (and often aspirational) conceptions of self. I think that writing and blogging (esp. about yourself) has a similar function. This blog is just a collection of random thoughts and updates on my life. I really like extended inside jokes (particularly those pertaining to The Consortium, so if anything doesn’t make sense you can just ask me about it.